Kronshtadt isa port city in Russia, located on Kotlin Island, its surrounding smaller islands of the Gulf of Finland and the dam.
I hope the information above and the nice photos below will be a good reason to check all the places on your own.
Be aware that the city is surrounded by water, so it may be cold and windy during your walk. Take warm clothes and boots. Also, keep in mind that it is hard to find a product shop with a big range of products in historical center, so in addition to hot tea in thermos take some food.
- Monument of admiral Makarov
- Naval Cathedral
- Chapel of the Epiphany
- Cathedral of Our Lady of Vladimir
- Museum of the history of Kronstadt
- Museum of Kronstadt Fortress
- http://www.kronshtadt.info/ (official website. Russian language only)
- http://rbth.com/multimedia/video/2014/11/27/kronstadt_41755 (Kronstadt Naval Cathedral in 60 seconds)
- http://www.nortfort.ru/kronstadt/index_e.html (in English)
There you can find some historical notes about the places that you are going to visit, the photos, some plans of the places of interest and, of course, information about fees and schedules. All the information can be saved and/or printed.
Kronshtadt: how to get there
By regular bus
- from subway station «Chornaya Rechka» № К-405.
- from subway station «Prospect Prosvesheniya» № К-407.
- 300 meters away from subway station “Staraya Derevnya” you can catch a bus № 101. You should exit at “Grazhdanskaya St”, it will be the 6th stop.