If you have got a Russian visa, what is next? You should start preparing for the trip! A well- planned trip will help you to see even more sites and things than you had planned. Moreover, that will save you some money! Read the article about the budget trip. Pay attention to the information on this website. Check the reviews about trips to Petersburg on the Internet. Also, check Wikipedia, Tripadvisor.
In order not to forget to do something , I would recommend you to look at the check-lists below:
List of actions for the trip to St. Petersburg
- 1) Be sure that you bring the following:
- one set of warm clothes- or more
- for visiting orthodox churches, women need a head scarf that can cover shoulders, and a skirt no shorter than knee length; no exposed bellies! Men need long pants.
- comfortable shoes -waterproof shoes are helpful
- sunglasses- if you plan to visit in summer. The sun can be very bright!
- 2) Verify that your bank permits credit card use in Russia and ask about the fees for using the card in Russia and for withdrawing the money from ATMs.
- 3) Check all your bank accounts and try to remember all the passwords for online banking – this way you will be sure that all transactions were made with your permission.
- 4) Count the amount of cash that you are going to take in order not to feel unhappy if the card does not work there for some reason (check the section “What should you know”)
- 5) Print the airplane ticket to be sure that you have the tangible proof of your flight.
- 6) Print the confirmation of your hotel or flat
- 7) Print the directions to it from the airport. If you are going to use the taxi service, order the transfer ahead (check the information about taxi here).
- 8) Search for useful information about attractions near your hotel or apartment such as shops, restaurants, some advice on use of transport.
- 9) Pack all necessary adaptors and chargers for the electronic devices that you are taking with you. The adapter for European socket 220 V.
- 10) Pack extra batteries for your camera,
- 11) Take your driver’s license if you plan to drive in Russia.
- 12) Tell your relatives and friends about the trip, about the route that you have planned.
- 13) Read some information about the city, the places of interest, the attractions, the rules of behavior. This information can be found in the F.A.Q. section “What should you know”. To the top
A touristic check list
- Look through this check list. Сompare it with the things that you were going to take – you won’t forget a thing!
- Read once again about the climate, prepare well for the weather surprises: take the umbrella, warm clothes and comfortable shoes. Walking in the historical centre with cobbled squares won’t be easy with the hills.
- Advice – if you are going to visit the orthodox churches and cathedrals, you should know that the shorts and the skirts above the knee are not allowed. You should also cover the shoulders and the belly. It would be a good idea for ladies to take the scarf which can cover the head and \or shoulders.
- Advice- if you are going to the city in winter you should know that the streets are covered with salt to prevent the snowdrifts, when the salt gets on suede shoes it spoils them for a little bit. If you can leave the suede shoes at home, better leave it there. Anyway, you can buy special sprays and sponges for the shoes in any shoe shop or supermarket. To the top
|Documents and money
3. Medical insurance
4. Credit \ Debit Card
7. Business cards, if you have those
8. The printed confirmation of hotel or flat, route to itClothes
9. Jacket / raincoat / coat (fall) / warm jacket (spring/ fall/ winter)
10. Hoodie / sweater
11. Warm underwear (in winter)
12. Pants ** / ** jeans / shorts
13. Dresses / skirts
14. Suit (optional)
15. Shirts / tops
18. Swimming suit (only if there is a swimming pool in the hotel)
|26. Bag (tip: bring a capacious bag and also a small one for the museums, to avoid queues in wardrobes)
27. Hat / panama / cap / warm hat (winter time)
28. Shawl* / Scarf
30. Glasses / Sunglasses / cloth for wiping glasses
31. Watches, jewelry / fashion jewelry
32. Eau de toilette / perfumeFor a tidy and nice appearance ***
36. Body Cream
37. Lip Care (Chapstick)
39. Remover (for cosmetics)
40. Cotton swabs / disks / sticks
42. hairspray / foam / mousse for hair
43. Manicure set/ men – any kind of scissors
44. Nail varnish
45. Nail polish remover
47. Comb, Hair Accessories (elastic band for hair, hair clips)
48. Dryer (if it is not provided in the room \ apartment)
|53. Hair Care (shampoo, conditioner – it is usually provided in the hotels)
56. Napkins (paper / damp)First-aid kit
56. Your personal preparations
57. the remedy for hot temperature and heat
59. Universal analgesic
62. Remedy for cough and sore throat
63. The remedy for nasal congestion
64. The remedy for injuries
65. The remedy for stomach (heartburn, heaviness)
66. Hydrogen peroxide /brilliant green/ iodine
67. Elastic bandage
68. Bactericidal patch
* For women. I would recommend to bring the scarf which can cover the shoulders as protection against sun or wind, as an option to cover the shoulders or the cut of average size for an entrance to an operating cathedral
** For men – even if the weather during your stay is going to be fantastically hot, take at least one couple of jeans/pants for a visit to cathedrals –you will not be allowed to enter them with shorts.
*** All the listed things can be easily bought in city shops.